Real Estate Commissions

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • I was interested in taking a look at some paperwork people have used or are using for creating notes for realtors who want money now for commissions that will pay out later. I have some small dollar IRA opportunities and it seems like the season to make such offers due to the upcoming Holidays.

Bill,

Great observation on the Holiday season need for cash. Many realtors have little to no income during this time.
    Please give us an example of the type of deal you are trying to structure.

Mike

For the realtor, it is cash now in lieu of waiting months for their commission. The amount would be discounted some amount or percentage.

For the IRA owner, it represents a short-term investment and a return on likely a small dollar IRA.

I am not sure of the mechanics of how to do this. The commission will vary based upon the sales price, so maybe you only lend on a percentage of the projected sales price and then discount off othat principle amount. And if the sale never happens, the agreement rolls to another listing. And if there is never a sale, then I’m not sure. Maybe the note is cross-collateralized on something they own somehow.

I’m pretty sure this type of thing is done by some, but I’m not sure how it’s done or what the paperwork would look like.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.