Realtor Property Manager

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • I signed a management agreement with a Realtor to lease an out of town sfh.
    He let the tenant move in on a Saturday two weeks ago in August.
    He did not collect any security deposit or rent from the tenant.
    The electricity is on in my name. He told me that the tenant wound have the electricity transferred into her name. That has not happened.
    I told him to start legal proceedings for eviction.
    He he not done this. Will not return texts or phone calls.
    Do I need to have the attorney contact him? Also planning to file complaint with the state real estate commission.
    Suggestions please.
    Thank you very much.

Don’t be too sure he did not collect any upfront money.
    Don’t be too sure he is a Realtor.
    Have you seen a signed lease?
    Yes – attorney, real estate commission, and whoever turned you on to him.

He has been a Realtor for years. He is not returning phone calls or texts. Calling attorney and real estate commission tomorrow. Maybe he will respond to them.

Thank you for your help Michael. I am also a licensed broker in that state but I’m on inactive status.

HI Don

What happened with this rental? Did you get your money? Did you get the tenant out?

Most likely, the realtor did collect the money but kept it.

Having dealt with a management company that wasn’t so great, I think I’d ask a lot of questions about any prospective management company’s policies and procedures. Then you’d know what his collection policies would be and could judge whether they seem legit. But anymore, I think I might prefer to find someone to master lease the property so that we’re more certain to be aligned.

But anyway, I’m curious to hear how this story ended too.

Met Don last January at John Schaub’s seminar, so I hope the story has a happy ending!

Jackie,

The tenant moved. Have a new tenant in there now who is paying rent .

Thank you Bill. The other tenant moved out. The house is now rented to a tenant who is ;paying.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.