where’s the mortgage

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • I’m working on tax deed sales in my area. My goal is to get to the owners before the tax deed sale date and buy from them directly. I spoke with a home owner today that is willing to sell me her property super cheap but she thinks there may a mortgage. She doesn’t know. I know… LOL. So I checked records and found an old deed of trust from 1996. It wasn’t clear on a lien holder or an amount owed. I had an RE agent also check for me and…same thing. Tomorrow I’ll call my title company and run a more precise title check.
    Is it possible that lenders “forget”. If there was a mortgage agaist the property, then the lender would have paid the back taxes by now to secure its interest in the property versus letting it go for auction. Right?

It may be that the lender is not even aware of the back taxes. You are doing the correct thing to let the title company look into it.

Don Wede

You are doing the correct thing by getting a title company to do a search BUT
    you are doing the wrong thing by asking a real estate agent to check anything.
    You don’t want them to know about anything you are working on.
    They could and will go behind your back!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.