1.5 Mil. Option Opporunity – Advice requested

Posted in Options

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Dan,

You don’t mention what the house is worth. That will determine if you even want to get involved in this.

Sorry, but your plan will not work because unless the brother does a refi, it will not get the sister off the loan.

I need to know what the house is worth before I can advise you further.

Jackie

Hello

I have a opportunity to structure a OPTION deal on a $1.5 million dollar water front property, but require advice on how to make sure I get paid & get this to work. Listed below is the summary.

1. Brother (A) and Sister (B) own and are on the mortgage together.
    2. Brother lives in house and Sister does not. Sister pays $4k monthly to brother for her half of mortgage. Sister wants out and off mortgage.
    3. Brother (A) is willing to start paying full mortgage payments and release sister (B) from obligation of paying $4k monthly and she is willing to walk away from any equity.
    4. Brother (A) doesn’t want to REFI because of fees and he has a great rate (30-yr straight).
    5. Sister (B) currently leases the home she is in.

Here is what I propose but need help if the idea is correct or better yet need a better idea that will work, becase after two years, they are ready to work also.

1. Do Lease Option & tranfer title to Brother (A) at current loan balance and brother (A) keep all armoratization. Releasing sister from obligation of paying $4k monthly.
    2. Have Sister (B) (a successful Dentist) open a R/E Management LLC where she can write off a $4k monthly loss moving forward if structured properly after a monthly paper shuffle and also release previous losses on next years income statement as well because she wouldn’t be limited to $25k annual write-off.

Result:
    1. Brother keeps house w/out REFI
    2. Sister gets to show a $4 monthly loss moving forward so she can reduce her taxable income. ie – her caveot to work with brother because she essentially increases her income

Question: Will this work and is it legel, if not how can I make it work and get a percentage for putting together the deal?

Thank you for your help.

Dan

Its currently worth 2.1 Mil. (600k equity) The plan would be to get the sister to agree to stay on the mortgage if rest of the idea would work.

Regards,

Dan

Her main pain is paying $4k monthly to brother for her half.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.