12/4 CONF CALL BOOSTS CAREER CHANGERS – THANKS!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Last night’s conference call with David Phelps and Jackie Lange was just the encouragement needed to fire up enthusiasm for career change efforts that have been underway in my household for the past 2 years. Thank you both for your words of wisdom and for providing timely and practical transition steps toward a full time career in real estate investing. The strength of the presentation was that many of the ideas can be readily implemented. For example, undertaking the discipline of constructing a written business plan that documents specific goals, objectives, and then designates specific real estate activities which will meet the stated objectives was one key point. Documenting your track record in a written form was another helpful idea. The importance of inviting your spouse and family to be on board and supportive to whatever extent they are willing, with rewards provided along the way.. I could go on and on.

If there are others out there pursuing a career change, perhaps a forum can be created to gather topics relevant to those of us out there in the trenches with 2 full time careers going simultaneously. What do others think?

Joanne Armstrong

Anonymous

Thanks Joanne

I’m glad the call was helpful. I knew it was a topic that is on a lot of people’s minds.

The next conference call, I’ll have Jim Ingersol who made the switch from ful time employee to full time investor in less than a year from the date he said “I’m going to do this”

There is a lot of mental shifting that has to take place in addition to all the other things David and I talked about. I know you’ll appreciate the things Jim has to share.

We will probably do the call after I get back from the cruise that starts this weekend. Ho[efully before Chtistmas or at least before the new year.

remember to send in the questions you have about making the transitiona and I’ll be sure to get them included in the call.

Jackie

Thanks, Jackie, for your reply. I would be most interested to learn more about the mental shifting ncessary with a career change to full time real estate. My current work involves advising other people in corporate and professional careers to decide upon and implement career transition and “retirement” strategies. Looking forward to hearing Jim Ingersoll in the near future. This website that you and others have worked so hard on is wonderful and quite user friendly. Thanks so much!

Joanne Armstrong

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.