1st Timer award for me

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Just wanted to share. I bought a double wide trailer about 2 weeks ago that needed A LOT of work. You can see a couple of interior photos on my blog http://www.simplifiedhomesales.com.

Anyway, the price on MLS was $9999 and I bid $10000. I found out at closing that the next guy under me was at $9999 so I won the bid by $1. So I go and start cleaning up (dumpter $350, labor $300). My closing costs were about $1000, however I did get a $1250 commission. I did buy some roof sheathing ($250). So I guess I am in it for about $10650.

The interesting part is that this guy comes over, as I am knee deep in messing with my cleanup, and asks if I want to rent or sell it because I had put a For Rent sign in the window. Recognizing the amount of work involved I am saying to myself that I would just like to unload this thing. I ask him if he can put $10k down. No, well how much? “I can put $7k down” he says. “Ok” I say “well how much can you pay per month?”. “How much do you want?” he says. “Can you pay $400 per month?” I say. “I can” he says. “For how long?” he says. I tell him 60 months and he doesn’t bat an eye.

Interesting side note; he and his significant other had cash on hand from the RV that they were living in burning down.

I put a stipulation in my note that they had to get the roof fixed and septic system put in within 6 months and that they had to make sufficient repairs in order to make the place insurable within 4 weeks. The risk is that something happens to it while it is uninsurable (nobody would write a builder’s risk policy on this trailer because of the roof and no electricity).

So I had a great big learning experience and I stand to make some cash flow. I don’t think that I would have bid on a trailer had I not went to Lonnie & Jackie’s MH symposium. I know that Jackie will read this and I hope that Lonnie does too.

Way to go Marcus!!!

Hank

Congratulations Marcus!! I will make sure Lonnie sees the post. he will be thrilled!

GREAT JOB!

Good job, Marcus. Congratulations. Keep it up until you work yourself out of a job.
    Hey, how about the rest of you who were at the October seminar. Surely some of you have a good deal to share with us. Let us hear about it.
    All the best,
    Lonnie

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.