another crazy question

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Say I found a house where the owners are very eager to sell; they are not upside down. The kicker tough is that they alreay have it listed on MLS an have had a real estate sign for sale up for almost a year. This tells me the RE agents/listing the house can’t sell it.

Is there any way, I can get an option on the house even though an agent is tied to their house? They’re tired of listing their house and having no offers.

keep in mind that the sellers have an agreement to pay the listing agent if the house sells. You do not! Their listing agreement probably says they can get out of the deal anytime but if someone they showed it to buys within 30 days they still owe the commission

You have a few choices:

tell the sellers you’d love to help but can’t until the listing expires or they cancel it

go ahead and get the option, get the house sold, then the sellers get stuck with paying the commission. ( not my choice)

Awesome… thanks. I’ll let them know that if they have an agreement with listing agent then they’ll have to pay unless they cancel it. It’s best to be upfront.

tell them to read their listing agreement. It should have a way OUT

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.