answer to Jackie re: how to prevent so many gov’t rules , SAFE act

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

I just listened to your SAFE act conference call…and in it, you asked the other speakers what can we do to go on the offensive, so to speak, to prevent so many laws that are adverse to our best interest from being passed, such as there have been these past 3 years……

For what it’s worth, one of my clients is at the top of the gov’t, as is the long-time head of the defense industry….has his own huge corporation that he built up from nothing, and has his officers in all branches/committees of our government…and for quite a while now, he has been mentioning to me that we, the creative investors, should form our own trade group, hire the best lobbyists out there….and combine forces with other trade associations who have similar goals to ours ..eg NAR, etc…. in relation to the SAFE act, which he says sounds like it was a ‘sausage making recipe’…ie he explains how lobbyists are THE people running gov’t….hired by trade associations….and the lobbyists are extremely expert at slipping little by-liner laws into other massive, hard-to-digest bills… making the little one-liners that are favorable to us seem so innocuus and innocent-sounding, that the legislators miss them, don’t realize the significance of them, nor do the lobbyists always; in fact, they are happy when things like the SAFE act (a mistake obviously) get passed because they/lobbyinsts simply have more work in cleaning up laws (that they got passed) later for whichever trade association squawks /pays them the money to get it cleaned up. That IS their work…constantly tweaking our nations’ laws for whoever pays them to do so.

Upon my listening to your conference call on the SAFE act, and hearing your very good question about this, once again, this client reiterated the importance and extreme value of getting with the picture of how our country is run. Money to lobbyists is what gets those nifty little cleanups passed; ie the exceptions to laws that you desire; can be innocently, oh so cleverly, very unnoticeably, slipped into unrelated bills that all of Congress’ eyes are focused on (and they never understand the import of EVERY single little line that is in those huge verbose passages which they never read every word of anyway…as they are relying on their best sponsors ($s) to explain to them how they should pass this darn bill….and no one is paying attention to unrelated little blips that clever highly paid, extraordinarily competent, exceptionally gifted at playing the game, lobbyists have managed to get some hungry little member of congress (trading favors is their lifeblood; ie the lobbyists are the grease of favor trading) to institute/slip in w/o anyone objecting because nobody is paying attention to the obtuse, innocent-sounding language of the sentence that (we) the trade association attorney has said would clear the way for the trade members to again have their day in the sun . ..ie often better than they would have imagined. …it is money so well spent, he says. And that is the way that the big boys play the game,that is why the little guys get clobbered…… and anyone who does not join in and fight/claw their way into the chess game, loses out. Period.

So, that is the input from an exceptionally successful self-made person in another industry, who also suffered at the hands of lawmakers, until learning how the game is played in our country at this point; upon finding out how the game is played; he/his brethren got going, up to speed, and have been smooth sailing, and more, ever since then.

He says, ‘Control your destiny, or someone else will, and you will lose’.

If you have any questions, I can try to obtain answers.

Donna

PS. I have sent email asking my friend, a director of NAR, what it is planning to do in relation to the SAFE act. Does anyone know anyone in AARP? I have read that that, too, is one of the most powerful blocks in our country;ie retired people.

Anonymous

Most of the retired people ( or soon to be retired people) I know are leaving the country as fast as they can. And not just retirees — people in their 20, 30, and 40’s are leaving too.

I guess they see the writing on the wall

People who want to leave usually sell everything ( including houses) at discounts

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.