Beginning my RE Journey!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

My name is Stuart and I’m currently living in the Capital District of New York. I recently turned 25 and realized that I have been absolutely miserable working for other individuals, so I’ve decided to take my future into my own hands!

A bit about myself… I left college one semester short of graduating with a bachelor’s degree in Forensic Psychology. At the time, life pulled me away, and returning to school fell by the wayside. However, I was successful in my own way for the time; I was financially independent from my parents which felt like a huge step forward. I worked in the restaurant industry for several years, and eventually moved in to the corporate office lifestyle and started working my way up the ladder. A promotional opportunity became available with the project I was currently involved with, and I set my heart on achieving that goal. However, there was a huge pool of candidates and while I almost achieved the opportunity, I was unable to do so. I was most frustrated with the fact that I was never given a chance to showcase my own ability, and the company wanted me to provide them with the ideas I had wanted to implement, without ever giving me the chance to interview and use those ideas to land the position.

Needless to say, after that experience, I began to look elsewhere. I remembered a book I had read back in 2008, Rich Dad Poor Dad, and I picked up a fresh copy. Almost like fireworks inside of my brain, I recalled my first foray in creating my own future. I had come up with a concept idea, begun to flush out the details, but eventually fear held me from pursuing the idea full time. I still remember how much I work I had invested in to the project, and idea at the time which probably would have landed me $100,000/month in revenue.

I am determined to not make that mistake again. This time around, I started looking in to investing, stocks and real estate. I’m still doing this research, but I this has led me to this website, and I’m absolutely stoked to begin devouring all of the information contained here. I plan on working tirelessly until I can achieve financial freedom, and finally be able to quit my office cubicle.

Thank you for taking the time to read my introduction, if you’ve made it this far, as I just wanted to share my story and also mark this day down in my own journey. I sincerely look forward to engaging in this community and growing as a real estate investor.

Hi Stuart

GREAT story. Thanks for sharing it with us.

I remember the day I decided to start my journey in to real estate investing and being an entrepreneur. That was the best decision I ever made.

We are all here to help you achieve freedom!

Jackie

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.