Best Practices on Structuring your day

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Any tips, ideas, how you structure your day so you are effient with your time? I don’t seem to get it all done and want to get a stronger strategy in place. How do you structure your day? How many hours do you dedicate to making fsbo calls, follow up calls, etc, emails. Currently I’m spending 4-6 hours on the phone during the day either follow up or new leads and 2-4 hours on email in the evening, still feeling like there’s lots more on my to do list each day. I limit my calls to no more than 20 min to each investor or contact I’m following up on, the faster the better.

Renata

Anonymous

20 minutes is way too long to be on the phone. You should be able to get the calls done in less than 3 minutes.

Ideally, you should schedule your day to work around your HIGH ENERGY times. Schedule times to answer emails, times to talk on the phone when you know you’ll most likely NOT get voice mail, and times to

email can be answered anytime — so I usually put that later in the day so I can talk advantage of daytime hours for talking to sellers.

I work at least 12 hours a day 6 days a week– but I have multiple businesses that each require a portion of my day. And since I got started late in life, I put myself on the fast track. If that means working 12+ hours a day, I’m willing to make the sacrafice now so I won’t have to later. Plus, my kids are grown and moved away so I have less demand for my time than someone with a young family.

I talk to hundreds and hunderds of investors every year. The one thing that I’ve found to be a common thread with the ones who don’t make it ( or as Mike Cantu says – who get voted off real estate island) are the ones who have an EMPLOYEE MENTALITY. That means the people who treat their real estate business just like a job where they think everything should stop at 5 pm so they can have happy hour. They expect to have weekends off.

Sure — you will get to the point where you can do that and where you can literally take off as much as you want to and any time you want to, but the must successful investors I know are willing to make a 3-5 year commitment to give it 150% and give up a lot of that time off.

A few years ago I took a whole year off after my Dad dies because I was so devastated. Last year I took a month off to go to South America, plus 4 cruises and multiple seminars and a road trip.

I just got back from taking 3 days off. No emails, no phone messages. But here it is 10:30 pm on a Saturday night and I’m working…well sort of… it does not feel like work.

We’re in a special economic situation now. It won’t last forever. So we all need to work the hours necesary to take maximum advantage of it while it is available. If that means working long hours and giving up some time off, I’m willing to do it.

Jackie

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.