Bird dogging

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • I keep hearing that bird dogging may or may not be legal depending on the state. Does anyone know about Arizona?
    Gary

Anonymous

Gary,

Instead of being paid a bird dog fee ( or paying one) you can always get or give an OPTION to avoid any conflicts.

A Realtor that I know (in CA) says that he cannot pay a fee to someone who refers him a client, so what he does is give them a gift certificate to some store for $500-750, which he says is legal.

Anonymous

Realtors have a lot of restrictions on what they can pay for a finders fee. In Texas I believe it is $50 limit – even for a gift certificate. Once again, an option would solve the problem.

Do you know anyone who’s gone to jail for this?
    Or gotten a fine?
    Or even been hassled by a realtor?
    I don’t (though in Virginia).

The issue is collecting a fee for a service that some may claim that you need a specific license for.
    I say, go get some bird dog fees and try not to annoy a realtor in the process.

If you’re really concerned about this – don’t take a fee directly for the real estate transaction.
    On the deal I closed in June- I made an unrelated and voluntary contribution to the IRA of the daughter of the guy who encouraged the seller to call me.

Otherwise, you could get the property in your name and then take an assignment fee.

This discussion relates to licensed real estate pros only, right?

Anonymous

Yes, licensed real estate agents have restrictions. The rest of us do not.

But even licensed agents can always find a way!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.