Buying with a lease and option

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hello Jackie. I think I know the answer to this and I have looked at the Texas property code as well to confirm it, but sometimes I miss stuff.

Texas lease options, which are considered executory contracts, do not apply if the “buyer” is an investor, correct? So as an investor, I can “buy” using lease options at will.

Thanks.

Yes, you can BUY using a lease option all day long… as an investor.

But you cannot sell with a lease option in Texas

Thanks for confirming Jackie. I have a 3/1 leased in Mabank with an option to buy within a year at the mortgage payoff plus 2k to the sellers. The underlying note is at 12%, 30 years.

My first option is to get him to come down to 6% and let me take over payments. He wants the income. Second option is to find a joint adventurer, a la Dennis Koelsch, and have them put up the money to own it 50/50 with me doing the work. Third is to go to the bank and get a new loan at around 6% on a 15 year payoff.

Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

what is the mortgage balance? what is the property worth?

the underlying note is WAY too high. I’m surprised it would cash flow.
    Is it a private note?

3rd option is getting the tenant approved for enough financing to cash it out. Then getting an option for future upside potential.

The mortgage balance is $49,500. It is worth around 58k. It is a private note. It will barely cash flow with that note. It will need to be paid off or renegotiated. With a co venturer or getting a 15 note in the 6% range it will cash flow around $150-175 per month.

Paul,
    Why not use an idea you already mentioned. If an investor to pay off the existing note. Try to get a discount. If the note holder gets tough, no discount no pay off. Strike a deal with your investor whatever works for the two of you.

Don Wede

I would not get in to this deal unless and until the note is either modified or paid off at a deep discount.

It is a loan shark loan

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.