Check Out the MAGIC BUS

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • I just bought a new bus for my Panama Relocation Tours company. This is the MAGIC BUS we will be using for transportation from Panama City to the Resort and for our afternoon excursions.

http://panamarelocationtours.com/panama-relocation-tours-has-a-brand-new-bus

Plus I have several other buses already lined up just in case we need them.

Great looking bus. It is painted kind of wild for the US, however it is boring compared to the Central America buses I remember. Do chickens, ducks, and pigs have to be in cages or can we bring them along simply on a leash? Fond memories!

No chickens allowed in this bus.

You are right, the colors are a bit tame for Central America.

Just for historic comparison, this was the original Magic Bus, from 1964 in a 2 1/2 minute video clip after restoration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9375EtaSd4

The somewhat dated pre-restoration Wikipedia story of that Magic Bus:

Further (also known as “Furthur”) was a school bus purchased by author Ken Kesey in 1964 to carry his “Merry Band of Pranksters” cross-country, filming their counterculture adventures as they went. The bus was named by artist Roy Sebern, who first painted the word ?Furthur? (with two U’s, quickly corrected) on the destination placard as a kind of one-word poem and inspiration to keep going whenever the bus broke down.

Beat legend Neal Cassady was the driver on their maiden voyage from La Honda, California to New York for the publication of Kesey’s novel Sometimes a Great Notion. The trip was filmed by the Pranksters, but this footage wasn’t released as a movie until the 2011 documentary film Magic Trip.

Extensively customized with amenities such as a stove, refrigerator, and bunks, and painted by the various pranksters in a variety of psychedelic colors and designs, it featured a sound system with interior and external intercom and an observation turret made from a washing machine drum fitted into a hole cut in the roof. Furthur and its passengers’ adventures were fueled by prolific psychedelic drug use. The bus is also featured prominently in Tom Wolfe’s book The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test. The original bus lasted till after a trip to the Woodstock Festival in 1969. Once its historic trips had come to an end it was parked on Kesey’s Farm in Oregon where it deteriorated over the decades. Kesey’s family is now in the process of restoring/raising money to restore the original bus. Ken created a second Further/Furthur in 1990.

Here’s the most current Wikipedia writeup about that bus:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merry_Pranksters

So I guess this means that Jackie is carrying on quite a tradition with her Magic Bus …. I think. [grin]

On the new Magic Bus, we have a BAR, flat screen TV monitors to show movies, WIFI, air conditioning, and really comfortable seats.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.