Chinese cash floods US housing market

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/29/business/international/the-great-sprawl-chinese-cash-floods-us-housing-market.html

PS. Towards the end of that article, they barely mention the EB-5 visa program for foreign investors in commercial deals. Such chunks of cash ($500k or more for 10 or more jobs created in rural or high unemployment areas, or $1M or more in better economic areas) often come from the Chinese. The NY Times article also doesn’t mention that some of the commercial project types the Chinese are attracted to invest in include senior living facilities and medical facilities. Sounds like a possible match for ALF people.

Here in North Texas where I live, the vast majority of EB-5 investors are Chinese.

–Dee

a few months ago, I listed one of my rentals for sale. Withing 24 hours I had 7 offers, mostly all cash Chinese buyers. We closed in 5 days

Yesterday I got an all cash offer on another rental in North Dallas. All Cash, full price. Chinese Buyer.

One of the reasons for Chinese buyers in this area is a new private international leadership school with a tri-lingual program. They are specifically targeting Chinese students so it is drawing Chinese families in to the area.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.