Conference Call with a TWIST

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

On Tuesday, February 19th, we’re NOT going to have our regular call in conference call. Chris and I are working on a SPECIAL tele-seminar EVENT for March. I’ll have more details about it later this month.

Instead, I’m going to try an experiment. Let’s meet right here in the FORUM at 7 pm central time (that’s 8 pm eastern and 5 pm pacific time).

I’ll be here from 7 – 8ish to answer your questions and share ideas.

Let’s talk about:

— things we learned at the Advanced Options Seminar
    — game plan to making money and creating wealth NOW
    — Jack’s predictions for how long the downturn will last
    — what to do with houses you can’t sell
    — what to do with houses that won’t cashflow if you rent them
    — what ever you want to “talk” about

I’ll be here — will you?

Jackie

So, is anyone here?

I have a question, how do you quickly weed out the duds when you get phonecalls from potential sellers? I use a script that has a mix of easy and hard/revealing questions to get to the point with them. I may need be as efficient as I could be. At least I screen them over the phone before I go see the house. Suggestions?

Anonymous

we are all on the call — 1-218-486-1616

335151#

Anonymous

Hey Greg,

Sorry about that. I looked at the member log in and did not see any members logged in so I had a feeling that people called in to the conference line anyway.

Sure enough…. there were people on the call. So we just talked for an hour and 15 minutes.

I received a few calls today that people wanted the conference call because they can’t type fast enough to keep up.

So, mark the forum discussions off the list. ( I’ll try anything once)

Sorry for the confusion.

Next post, I’ll answer your question

Jackie

Anonymous

To quickly weed out callers, you need to know what kind of deal you are looking for then only do marketing for that kind of deal.

If I’m looking for houses I can buy subject-to the mortgage or with seller financing, then I ONLY do marketing for those kind of deals. Then, when my phone rings, there’s a much better chance that I can do business with the person who calls. My marketing is only for a certain price range that I know I can rent quickly and keep rented in any market. I don’t want old cheap frame houses as rentals. I don’t want McMansions as rentals.

To make it even better, my marketing is only for people with a LOW fixed interest rate and only for people with some equity.

I don’t want to waste my time talking to anyone else.

By doing targeted marketing, I have a much better chance of closing just about every call that I get.

I would much rather get 2 – 3 good calls a week and do 2 deals than get 50 calls a week and do no deals. It’s NOT about the volume – it is about the quality.

Target marketing will do that for you.

If I’m looking for wholesale deals that I can flip, then I do marketing only to the lower price ranges and houses that were bought more than 20 years ago in zip codes where I know there is more junky inventory. There’s no need wasiting money on nice well maintained areas because finding a wholesale deal there would be like finding a needle in a haystack.

If you stick signs up that say “we buy houses” you’re going to get a lot of phone calls from sellers who want full price and all cash. Same goes for billboards, and other kinds of mass marketing.

I prefer to target a neighborhood where I know I want to buy or a type of property — it is much more effective and efficient.

Of course, you can do both wholesale deal marketing and seller financing market and subject to marketing at the same time. So you need a system in place for knowing which kind of seller is calling you. Could be the color of the market piece or an extension they ask for when they call in. You don’t need to waste money on those expensive phone trees.

Jackie

Thanks Jackie,
    I think someone who is knowledgeable on LLCs and Corps would be a great. That could even be two phonecalls–one for LLCs and one for S/C-corps.

Also, maybe getting Jack Shea on would be good. He has a lot of great information. Ways to find private money lenders is going to be very useful in the next few years as well.
    Greg

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.