Crank up the Volume for 2010 — What’s Your Plan

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

I’m working on my plan to crank up the volume for 2010.

I signed a contract to run a 1/4 page ad in a newspaper every month in 2010

Ordered enough postcards to last the whole year and will start mailing in January.

I’m getting new signs made for my truck ( moving billboard)

My focus will be to buy a lot more houses with seller financing so I can sell with seller financing and keep some as rentals. If I can’t get $250 a month cash flow and if the property is not in a good area I’ll pass.

What’s your plan for 2010???

Jackie, Who do you use to send out your post cards via mail?

Sounds like a great plan. What kind of volume of mailings are you doing? How many postcards is “enough to last the whole year”?

Anonymous

Vic

I get a put stamp on the postcard to send it through the mail.

Speed

I mail at least 500 postcards every other week ( 1000 per month). Traditionally for every 500 postcards I mail I get 1-2 houses right away and another 1-2 later.

You CAN buy too many houses too fast and get inventory piling up on you — so sometimes I have to slow down the marketing if that happens.

Jackie

Jackie,

I am planning some marketing campaigns and I am curious about your list selection criteria. I have selected an area that is close 40% of our county. (our county has about 900,000 people).

I am targeting houses that would be worth between $75k and $225k (our median price is around 120k these days) with at least 40% equity.

That results in about 800 houses with absentee owners and 5,000 owner occupied houses.

My initial plan was to only target absentee owners, but if I get ratios anywhere close to yours, I would not be able to buy but a few houses and am shooting for 6-10 houses next year.

How often do you mail to the same person? What kind of sellers and properties are you targeting?

Thanks,

Pedro

Anonymous

I prefer to mail to owner occupants – that’s where I get my best results

Many of the absentee owner properties are not something I’d want in my inventory.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.