Crazy Real Estate Agents

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • This is why I hate working with real estate agents…

I’m selling two rental houses in Texas. I got information about several real estate agents through a real estate agent referral website. I talked to all of them and picked the agent I wanted to work with. I told her I was ready to list 3 days ago. I have not heard from her since. No listing agreement. No phone calls. No emails. So frustrating!

NEXT!

I walked through an estate sale on the next street over from me and learned that a realtor was possibly holding the listing. I visited their office and mentioned that I had an interest in the property. And that I was willing to take on the rehab work that their sellers were surely not wanting to take on. Realtor was not in the office. No call since. That’s basically a listing they don’t have to do any work on, it’s not even in the MLS yet!

So I agree with your sentiment…

I called back one of the other agents referred to me on Monday morning at 8am and left a message that I was ready to list two properties with them. Here it is Tuesday afternoon and no call back. It’s crazy!

Could you alternatively use ListingSpark for $7/day? I’m not sure if something like their service would work for you, but maybe you don’t need your own agent.

https://www.listingspark.com

Hi
    I also have had several SAD experiences in agents. I have had one GOOD experience in this one agent in marble falls. She was on all points of execution in preparation and communications. She also does some flips and development.
    Dana Yarter 512.755.1355. Last agent I was closing could not even complete the contract correctly.
    I did have a good experience with Creek View Realty in representing my own property with their sign and representation in MLS and support staff. They charge 495 and buyers get 2% rebate 512.263.9334

Hi Jackie,

I’m not sure if you are still looking for a realtor or not but I sold a house in Allen a couple of years ago and used Kim McCarty as my realtor. She was excellent! Here is the link to her website: https://www.themccartygrouprealtors.com/

Let her know that I sent you and I’m sure she’ll take great care of you!

Jason

Thanks Jason. I found a good agent. I’ve sold 3 houses in the last 2 months. Still have one more closing next week. When the market is that HOT, it is time to sell sell sell.

If I were still in Texas, I’d wait on the sidelines for better deals later
    But since I’m in Panama, I;m reinvesting the money here because the deals are so much better and there are no property taxes.

Some time ago, my brother and I were trying to decide whether to sell a quarter section of cropland that included a rented farmhouse. Since we had not decided whether to pull the trigger yet, I went over to an adjoining county to explore some possibilities with a completely different realtor organization, and left matters at that stage — so I thought.

A few days later I got a phone call from the renters — IN TEARS. They explained that the realtor I talked to in that next county over (with no contract whatsoever), had driven all the way to our rent house. He knocked on the front door, vigorously shook their hands … like a used car salesman with a striped jacket and porkpie hat — and announced “Hi! I”m going to be your new realtor!” to their total shock and surprise

Basically with zero authorization, that idiot totally and instantly destroyed the relationship we had with those renters, and ran them off.

It left us no opportunity to structure any kind of protection for their arrangement — especially a long term one.

We eventually ended up, several years later, using an auctioneer instead. Sheesh!!!

–Dee

YIKES Dee. That’s terrible. I’ve heard of crazy stuff like that happening before.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.