Creative financing help needed

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • I need a house to live in. I found a house that has been partially renovated but has no kitchen. It is an old Victorian that sits on an acre. Fully renovated, it could fetch well over $500K. I can get it for $200k. The owner is willing to carry a note provided I put a considerable amount down. I can’t put in a kitchen and at the same time give him much of a down payment, my finances won’t allow it at the moment. I’m trying to come up with a couple of options that will be both attractive to the seller and realistic for me. Any suggestions would help.
    -Greg

Search for note buyers advertising in your local newspaper ( NOT the national note buyers/brokers).

Talk to them to make sure they are REAL not buyers and not just wanting to broker your note to someone else.

Once you find one, then….

Create two notes to buy the house.

One note will be sold at closing to the note buyer for the cash they want.

The other note will be held by the seller. The note buyer will want to be involved in structuring the notes so he has the right of first refusal to buy the sellers note ( at a discount) if he decides to sell later.

This way, you get the house with no money down. the seller gets the cash they need. The note buyer gets a good note secured by a property with a lot of equity so they are in a safe position.

Looks like win, win, win for everyone.

Can’t find a note buyer advertising, talk to family, friends and neighbors about buying the note. It’s a safe position for anyone.

There may also be note buyers right here at cash flow depot who would jump on that deal.

There are other ways you could make this work too. But this one would be the easiest and fastest

Good luck!

Let us know how it turns out

Jackie

I knew I was in the right place to find a suitable solution. That’s a fantastic idea!
    Thanks Jackie!

I guess I could take that a step further and have the note buyer fund the rehab as well. He could hold the cash and fund the rehab on a draw schedule that we agree to in advance.

Note buyers are usually NOT lenders.

But with that much equity you may find someone who will consider it,
    especially if you offer some kind of equity participation!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.