Getting Activity in the Forum

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • I appreciate the Forum and read/review it almost everyday. Will add my newcomer experiences more here too.

Hank

Anonymous

I’ve tried everything I can think of to get more activity in the forum and nothing seems to be working.

We’re getting new members every day but most are not utilizing the forum – at least they are not posting.

I’m open to any and all suggestions to get this thing fired up!

It is vexing.
    Much of the reason I chose to join is the ability to exchange ideas with the high quality people that associate with Jack Miller. I’m certain there’s a wide and deep swath of expertise among the members.
    While the library of articles, audios and videos are excellent – I agree that it would be great to “fire up” this board.
    Other real estate boards are quite active, but often inane.
    I’ll personally get more active on the boards … I hope that others will as well.

jimi

I find that need based posts occur when an investor is active and that posts lapse when an investor is inactive. Maybe a handholding forum based primer would activate the forum as perhaps an experienced investor can step a newbie through the market/offer/buy/rehab/sell process.

For example, Ive taken the Kirschner Autopilot camp, the Bill Gatten camp, the Kaller camp, read about the Le Grand camp, and heard/read about multiple other guru materials. Our housing market in So Cal is dynamic and fluid and what acquisition strategies applied last month/year may not apply today or in the next hour. I know what has worked for the Love’s, for Jack Fullerton, for Pete Fortunato, Jack Miller, John Schaub, etc but I need to determine what will work for ME in todays market that does not require large up front cash nor credit. I know one associate who has a rehab crew and likes commercial properties and another who has cash and likes rehabs, both local to me. Ive even got the Caryn McKlee Bankruptcy course and gave away my last rental property SFR in San Antonio.
    So, in my mix of knowledge and associates, what strategy might turn over some cash for myself and/or associates in todays foreclosing/depreciating/long time on market/Option ARM loan/tightening credit market?

Thanks for reading.

Joe

Hi Jackie,

As a new member I should let you know there us TREMENDOUS value in reading through the old posts. I’ll be contributing more when I have more to offer and am in need of concrete help. Trust me, I am depending on it. Appreciate how you keep on top of all the posts.
    BTW, congrats on your move. Gary

One thing that might help keep the forum on top of people’s mind is providing the ability for users to subscribe to a weekly or daily digest of all messages. Also, having the ability to post by sending an email may help increase use as people don’t have to log in to reply.

In any case, I’m surprised we don’t see more people tapping on this great resource.

Pedro

I go into the forum every day or two, and I click on the “Not Read” to see all of the items that I haven’t read, sorted by latest date. I’ll occasionally post a topic or reply to an existing topic, but I always read them.

Since the new system is in place I noticed a couple of changes. The first is that I stay logged in so I don’t have to re-login each time. The second was that my username changed so now when I click on “not read” all of the old posts show up as not read. But at least they’re sorted by date so I can just click on the most recent ones.
    – dan

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.