HBS | Retail

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • I own the HBS manual, and I’m sure this information is in there, but can you do an HBS sale for down payment when the property, for example, is worth $50K and you sell it for $50K with owner financing? And in that case, I take it the contract for the sale of the house would be between the owner and the buyer (not me) so there would be no Dodd-Frank problem for me? And if the seller insists (although not the best option for the buyer) could it be a Contract for Deed with a 5-year balloon?

You sure can. Buy offering financing for a buyer and going after the highest down payment, you will have people coming out of the woodwork.
    Don Wede

P.S. This assumes that the seller qualifies under Dodd Frank

[quote]
    Posted By DON WEDE on 07 Dec 2014 12:23 PM
    You sure can. Buy offering financing for a buyer and going after the highest down payment, you will have people coming out of the woodwork.
    Don Wede

P.S. This assumes that the seller qualifies under Dodd Frank
    [/quote]

Thanks, Don! By ‘assuming that the seller qualifies under Dodd-Frank’, do you mean that they have not done more than 1 seller financing transaction within the year?

Yes that is individual owned, and have done no other sales with carry back financing in the year. I suggest you purchase Jackie’s E Book “Rules For Selling Mobile Homes With Seller Financing So You Comply with Dodd-Frank” I think it was $9.99, worth every penny.

Don Wede

[quote]
    Posted By DON WEDE on 08 Dec 2014 12:28 PM
    Yes that is individual owned, and have done no other sales with carry back financing in the year. I suggest you purchase Jackie’s E Book “Rules For Selling Mobile Homes With Seller Financing So You Comply with Dodd-Frank” I think it was $9.99, worth every penny.

Don Wede
    [/quote]

Thanks, Don. I will add that book to my arsenal! Quick question. Is the one year period a fiscal year or a calendar year or a rolling year?

That one I do not know. I have wondered that myself. I am going to take a stab and guess calendar year. We can have an expert let us know for sure.

Don, if I find out the answer to that question before you do, I’ll post it.

Calendar year.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.