Heir Property

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Judy

It sounds like a mess.

I’m assuming this is real estate instead of personal property.

You need to do a title search to determine who really owns the property.

Sometimes people think they are heirs when they really are not.

You can often get heirship affidivats to solve heir disputes

I doubt that this whole thing is worth the hassle and expense of an suit for quiet title or even worse a partition suit.

Too bad that you found any of them – or you could just take it over with adverse possession — which may still be a possibility once you know who is actually is title or who the real heirs are.

Jackie

I am interested in a vacant double wide mobile on a double lot in Texas that is heir property. There are 8 heirs and the 2 sides of the family are no longer speaking to each other. One of the heirs on dad’s side is missing and the family was unable to find her when they hired a PI several years ago. The missing heir has 3 children; 2 in jail and the other’s location is unknown. Mom’s side wants money and dad’s side would prefer to be rid of the mess.

I periodically call the spokes person for each just to stay in touch. In the mean time the mobile is deteriorating and a new tax bill is almost due. Does anyone have any suggestions for resolution? I have considered making a small offer to purchase any heir’s rights that would sell and if enough would sell to make it profitable to then file a partition suit or quiet title suit and ask the court to force the sale or force the other side to purchase my rights.

Any suggestions?

Judy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.