Highest Bidder Sale Sign Questions

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    My signs are one of my definitive week points of my marketing campaign. I need to order new ones but want to get it right this time. I was going to use red and black on yellow single sided sign. How does this sound:

Home to Be Sold

Sunday Night

to Highest Bidder

—————>

I wasn’t going to add any times like “12-5PM” for showings although the bandit sign examples on cashflowdepot have them. I saw the post about buying coroplast blank signs and writing on them with the fat marker, but these are higher end areas (~$500k average price); does writing signs up still apply or should I order them so they look more professional?

Also, for the main sign in the front yard on a 4’x6′ sign I am thinking bright orange with black letters. What are people using for that sign? Coroplast as well?
    Thanks!

Greg, before you even make a decision on whether to order or handmake those signs, consider checking on your local city ordinances to learn if there is any sign regulation, and if so, how oppressive it might be. If you’re lucky, you might have considerable freedom. If not, you might face a city like where I live. The sign sizes and placement are regulated, what you can and can’t say on them is regulated, and even when you’re allowed to put them out, and when you must take them down is also regulated. Where I am, you can’t put out any such signs during week days, and can only install them no more than ONE HOUR before an open house, and remove them no later than one hour after the open house. So for a Saturday and Sunday open house event, you have to put in TWICE the work for almost NO advertising benefit.

Hopefully, you won’t face all those obstacles. If you’re very lucky, none of them. It’s always cheaper to learn up front first where the bureaucrats have placed their snares before setting up your plan.

If you’re already committed to a sale date (especially one with a short fuse), that might or might not govern whether you have the turnaround time to get commercially made signs back in your hands in time to do any good. Handmade signs can sometimes solve that short fuse problem. However, some people have much better hand-lettering skills than others. Consider who you have available if you go that route. Also consider that sometimes using a set of stencil letter patterns can make up for shaky hands or less than ideal manual lettering skills.

I like coroplast for several reasons. It’s highly reusable (if you can use sufficiently generic wording to permit such re-use). A 4′ x 8′ sheet runs around $15 or so at Home Depot, but they might or might not have the color you want. Also, check with Lowe’s. If you make a sign size template out of thin plywood or masonite, you can quickly cut out lots of the smaller size sign blanks with a box cutter or pocket knife. But if you’re using a commercial signmaker, you won’t need these hand-making tidbits.

Just a few thoughts to stir around in your marketing soup.

Good luck,
    –Dee

Dee,
    Thanks for the input–all of that is covered. I am still curious though with people that have done some successful highest bidder sales, if they use handwritten signs or the manufactured signs for higher end homes (500k+).

If I use manufactured, is the above the correct verbiage? Have a sale potentially next weekend, so I need to order these ASAP.
    Thanks!

Greg,
    I had made 6-7 years ago the ones shown here on CFD. Still using them after 6 HBS. I had I believe 20 made. Then I mixed in generic 15 Open House 15 Auction Signs. I have never had a problem with the Auction Signs but if I had to do them again probably not . Also have do 4″x8″ to put in front yard. I am not sure where the signs show up on the site but just search for it I am sure it will show up.

https://www.cashflowdepot.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/highest-bidder-sale-signs.jpg

There are the ones in the vault, but my understanding was it was best to leave off the time, website and phone number. Basically I was looking for the latest and greatest. I guess I just use my own suggestion above.

Home to Be Sold

Sunday Night

to Highest Bidder

—————>

Greg,
    My latest and greatest suggestion is I want the phone number, website on my sign. The more opportunity people have of reaching out to me the better. I for sure want them to know the time of the open house so for me yes on the times on the signs. Just my thoughts.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.