Hottest 17 Airbnb neighborhoods in the world, including 2 in the US

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Thanks for that post, Dee. I always enjoy the articles you share. I admire the interest you take in our industry and our CFD community.

Best,
    Deb Krantz
    Columbus, Ohio

wow, I’m surprised to see that most of these popular AirBnB markets are way off the beaten path. I would have thought it would be in major metro areas.
    AirBnB is popular in my little town in Panama even though it is 8 hours away from Panama City. The great weather and spectacular scenery are a big draw.

There’s an interesting update to that article. It seems that the Airbnb concept also does exceptionally well in black and Latino areas. This is a US-only story:

https://www.cnet.com/news/airbnb-discrimination-black-and-latino-neighborhoods-report-hotel/

–Dee

Just this morning on the radio, the Airbnb vp operations was interviewed, saying that Columbus, Ohio is the #1 US market for Airbnb.

I wonder how many of those units are tenants who are renting out their room or their sofa…….

I wonder what makes for a good AirBnb area. I know a couple who now lives in Medellin Colombia. They bought and are renovating 2 houses there which they plan to turn in to AirBnb rentals. Because the Colombian Peso is about 30% less than the US dollar, (currently $2900 COL to $1 USD) they got an incredible deal on the properties. They are hoping in a few years the exchange rate will go back to normal then it will be a good time to sell the properties and move on to their next adventure.

They had a very successful AirBnb in Cuenca Ecuador for several years. They did the same thing there. They were able to buy the property way below market, add value with their renovations, then rent out as an AirBnb. They paid their property manager $50 for every positive review on AirBnb. Because they had so many positive reviews, their property stayed full all the time.

They pyramided the proceeds from the sale of the house in Cuenca to two in Medellin. The cash flow from their AirBnb allows them the opportunity to travel all over the world.

I’ll see if they can come to the Panama Retreat in January to talk about their AirBnb operation.

We will have another person at the event, who is already registered, who has AirBnb properties in southern California. I’ll ask him to talk about his Airbnb operation too.

It is more management, but in certain areas, you can get 3-4 times more rent than you would renting to a single family. (Management can be outsourced)

You do need to be aware of the rules and regulations for AirBnb in your area. The hotel industry is trying hard to shut these down in some areas.

Airbnb is great. We are just starting to use it in our area. It makes the booking simple. You need to have systems for this style of rental but it does work.
    We will talk a little about the pros and cons in Panama.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.