Investing w RE License- What to know…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    I’m really branching out this year into more creative acquisitions as opposed to simply paying cash or financing as I’ve done in the past.
    As a realtor, I want to know how others have used having a license as a benefit. Also, I plan on disclosing my license up front on all marketing- but what else should I be aware of that you may have come across if you also have a license?
    Seems that not being a realtor is the most touted benefit of working with an investor- but I know that many big investors had or have licenses- so surely there are some tricks of the trade.
    thanks!

Don’t let a license get in the way. Disclose as you need to according to the laws in your state. I have done many deals that are outside of the norm.
    When I speak to seller’s I let them know that I am a broker but I want to buy for investment. The biggest problem I have had is that being a broker disallows you from drafting documents. You can use the MLS to look for deals others have missed. Post questions when you have them, there are many good resources at the Depot.

John

Thanks- it’s funny, in the old days, real estate brokers were the only ones who knew how to do creative financing and really structure a deal. That’s a lost art among realtors nowadays.
    I plan on using the standard Georgia Assoc. of Realtor forms with modifications and touting that as a benefit that the forms are standard and have been litigated.
    Anyone doing HBS as a realtor? Wondering how to parlay that strategy to my regular business.

Kathleen

This is a great article about making the transition from being a broker to doing deals as a principal (for higher profits)

Options Control Real Estate Without The Fiduciary Or Liability Of A Listing

I do know some agents who are doing Highest Bidder Sales. When I went to auctioneering school there was a broker in my class who had been doing Highest Bidder Sales for all her listings. She would not take a listing unless the seller agreed to do a HBS. She is super successful with this technique.

I’m sure there are other agents doing Highest Bidder Sales too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.