Is this a deal?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • I have a home in Minden that I have negotiated to $40,000. The after repaired value is approx. 80-90k and needs about 10k in repairs. I would like to wholesale the property but it is tenant occupied and they are being difficult about allowing people to look at the home. I have also debated on purchasing it and rehabbing it. My offer to the owner is at $40,000 but the 40k will be in a 1 payment note due in 6 months or at the time of re-sale whichever comes first. With the right to extend at least another 6 months. If I can purchase the property this way I will either sell it to another investor or I will evict the tenants and rehab the property and sell retail. Does this seem like what I should do? Is there any other ideas that anyone may suggest? thanks, Randall Miller

Is the rental agreement a month to month? Is the rent they are paying fair market rent? Have they been a good tenants? Maybe give the tenant a financial insensitive to show the property. Might give the thought of a HBS on the property and explain to the tenant that it will be shown for only two days for about 3 hours each day.
    Don Wede

Randall

Unfortunately, if the tenant has a lease, in most states you cannot evict them unless they do something to break the lease – like not paying rent. Tenants have more rights on some states than others. Check the rules before you dive in to this deal.

Jackie

Thanks for the input. This is not a lease but it is on a month to month agreement. I have thought about doing a wholesale deal with it because I know several investors in the area that are currently buying homes in this price range but I did not know the best way to deal with the current tenant. thanks again.

CASH FOR KEYS works best with tenants to get them out

In Texas is there is no lease, you have to give the tenant a 30 days notice to vacate. If they don’t move out you have to go to court which could take another 30 days

cash for keys is faster

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.