Jerry Hoagland’s goals for the first 90 days of 2012

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • My goal is get investor commitments for $500K. The money would be used to invest in pre-owned mobile homes by paying cash to the sellers. The mobile homes would then be sold on terms (Lonnie Deals). After the reurn of the investors money, the investors and I would split the profits made on a 50/50 basis.

HI Jerry

Thanks for posting your goals. I hope everyone else will do the same!

I have a few suggestions to help you accomplish your goals

1. Go to all the Entrust meetings that Quincy Long does in the dallas area. You’ll meet people with a lot of IRA/Roth money waiting for a home.

2. Be careful of the “words” you use. As investors we tend to use terms like private lenders, hard money lenders, investor committments…. etc. But when you do some research online and off, you’ll discover that people who will put up the money for your deals like to call themselves “secured lenders”

3. Do you know Richard Irwin? He may be interested. I can introduce you if you don’t already know him.

4. Do you know Craig Pettit? He may be interested. I can introduce you if you don’t already know him.

5. You can find a room full of people with cash looking for opportunities if you go to the first Tuesday foreclosure auctions. These people show up with hundreds of thousands of dollars in CASH but only a small percent walk away with a deal. Do Collin county one month and Dallas county the next ( or visa versa) After the sale, offer to take some of them to lunch & take your credibility kit. They will love your proposition.

Of course, have a credibility kit with a portfolio of some of the deals you’ve already done will help to close the deal. Do a one page overview of each deal with a photo of the mobile home, purchase price, fix up costs, sales price – yield, cash flow, and note terms. See the credibility kit sample in the private lender online seminar workbook if you have it.

I look forward to hearing about your progress.

Jackie

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.