JV Deal Structure

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • After listening to the Rick Cogswell interview, I’m interested in specific deal structures for joint ventures. I get the part about PArtner One finds the deal and handles the property and business management while Partner Two provides the funding and rides along.

Perhaps the simplest approach is forming a two member LLC. Or my LLC and Investor Partner LLC form a general partnership. Or two beneficiaries in a land trust. How are you holding title and why?

So, if the goal is forming an effective structure for a “My Deal/Your Money”(hold over time and split the profits) joint venture … how are some of you structuring these for optimal cost efficiency, asset protection and providing comfort/transparency for your investor partners?

Anonymous

Jim,

You structure the deal in such a way to make the person putting up the money comfortable. There is no one “right” way.

You can get additional ideas by listening to the conference call wtih Denis Keolsch in the Learning Center. To find it quickly, just do a search for Denis

Denis has also been doing joint venture deals for a long long time.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.