Laptop Internet Connection

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Just wondering if anyone out there has experience with any of the portable/plug-in laptop connection sevices?

I’m in different cities lots and would like to connect to the net regularly without being in a hotel or searching for the net, so am testing the ATT Laptop Connect system. Seems to work in my office though slightly slower than the office wireless system.

The experience/lessons learned/”gotcha” heads ups from others would be appreciated……

Hank

I use sprint’s EVDO high speed wireless connection, it works well in most places.

Your AT&T card uses WCDMA/HSDPA technology, most likely it will not be quite as fast as your office connection.
    You office wireless is most likely connected to a hard wired DSL or T-1 line.

Also you laptop AT&T wireless card speed will vary depending on the signal strength which is dependent on how far away you are from the basestation and what the walls of your office are made of.

Thanks Simon,

In just a couple days I’m already finding that it’s much slower at the office. And it wouldn’t connect at all in Atlanta’s airport. I’m not impressed at this point. Will try for one more week – if no better, it will be returned early in the trial period.

Hank

Anonymous

Hank

Let me know if you find something that you like

I use Verizon VZ access. It is software that I install on my lap top then I can access the internet at high speed from anywhere. I really like it. Plus, I can turn off the service when I’m not going to be using it ( no charge) then turn it back on when I know I’ll be on the road.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.