Marketing Message?? Off-property code violators

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Gary,

The message is not as important as just sending something to get them to call you.

I don’t like to use ‘cash for your house’ because that’s not always what I will be doing. I love to get seller financing.

But if your plan is to always pay cash then I guess that’s a good message to use.

could be ‘want to sell?” “i buy houses’ etc.

Jackie,

Isn’t the “Cash for houses!” simply a marketing tool to get them to call you in the first place? I mean, I always make a cash offer, it’s just at about half of ARV. Obviously the terms are more important than the price and owner/equity financing is the desire, but I think the word “CASH” has an effect on people. And I also think that them seeing that word could help them desire to call you. Just my 2cents.

Jackie, Greg, thanks for the input. I keep hearing it’s a numbers game, so while I’ll tweak the message, I’ll focus on the the target audience and the volume.
    Best,
    Gary

Anonymous

Greg,

Yes, CASH is used as a trick to get sellers to call you.

I don’t want to play games or use tricks.

But I can’t tell you how many conversations I’ve had with selles who were diaappointed that my BEST offer was not a cash offer.

They say, but your ad says you’ll pay cash.

I stopped using the word CASH in my marketing a long long time ago.

Sellers can smell a trick from a mile away

and “CASH” “FAST CASH” ” CASH OUT” will raise doubt with some sellers and they won’t call.

You’ll have to start making excuses for why you’re not paying all cash.

I don’t want to make any excuses for my offers. It makes me appear to be unprofessional and back peddling. Which causes doubt with sellers about my integrity and makes them question if they should work with me or not.

I don’t want to do anything that will cause doubt.

Sure they want cash — but what they really want is to sell their house – so I focus on that in my marketing.

Jackie

I had a question about mailers to off-property owners.

What kind of messages have people found effective? A simple “cash for your house” or something more like “tired of the hassles of owning property and managing”?

Right now I am going through a list of repeat code violators in an A and B rental area and found about 70% are off-property.

Any thoughts or advice you have would be appreciated.

Have an Audacious Day!

Gary

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.