Mojo Calling?

Posted in Marketing

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • There are a lot of ways to get leads, some are free, some cost money, some cost a lot of money. It’s a numbers game. The more leads you get, the more deals you will do. Of course, you need to know how to negotiate & structure deal to convert the leads in to opportunities too.

I recently read an article about a real estate agent who is using mojosells.com to prospect for sellers. You can use Mojo to call 100s of expired listings or FSBO leads in about 1 hour. Could work for investors too?

I believe you can even upload a list of contacts in a neighborhood and they offer a service to look up the phone numbers then call every house in the neighborhood.

Honestly, when I get a recorded message, I hang up instantly. Do most people do this? What do you think?

Has anyone used this?

http://www.mojosells.com/

Jackie,
    I am the same way. As soon as I hear the start of a recorded message I slam down the pone. I don’t know why but it makes me angry. I looked at their web site and if I understand it correctly you can have Mojo dial the numbers and you can then personally talk to the potential client. This may be of interest to me.

I changed my personal phone strategy probably 20 years ago after I learned that most auto-dialer software is designed to reach individual households, but not businesses. So how does software attempt to distinguish between those two? It measures the length of time the outgoing message takes. whether live or recorded. If somebody picks up and answers simple “Hello,” the auto-dialer nails that number as one for a private individual, and NOT a business (which typically takes a lot more time and gives out much more information, often a welcoming invitation to potential customers). So I changed my answering machine’s outgoing message to one that is cordial, does not mention my name, invites the caller to leave a message and/or a number where their call can be returned, and takes up way more time than the very short fuse patience programmed into the auto-dialer’s software. The result 95% of the time is that the auto-dialer bails out before my message has finished. That is a perfect outcome. A minority of auto-dialers might try again a few times and perhaps even different times of the day. Most get the message that they will not reach a person, and they will always be ignored. The smartest programming puts my number on a “don’t bother” list, so it doesn’t take long for the volume of auto-dialer calls to dwindle way down. A very few legitimate businesses have no problem leaving a useful message for me, and that works well.

All the people I regularly stay in touch with understand that if I recognize their number or their voice, I’ll pick up if I can. And if I can’t pick up immediately, I’ll always return their call.

So my strategy lets most auto-dialer nonsense (including the recent IRS impersonator scammers and Microsoft license expiration extortionists, eg) to self-opt-out, lets businesses of interest to me leave useful messages, and still poses no obstacle to my friends and relatives I stay in touch with (who know my voice and understand my answering machine strategy). No fuss, no repetitive anger issues, and excellent reliability.

MojoSell would have to leave me a very relevant and interesting message for me to bother to return their call.

I realize that not everybody uses a strategy as well-oiled over decades as I do, so I couldn’t begin to know what success average numbers a user might obtain from their service.

–Dee

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.