Need Suggestions

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

I need suggestions for topics and/or speakers for the Tuesday night conference calls.

Please post your suggestions here or email me at [email protected]

Thanks for your help

Jackie

hey jackie,
    my suggestions would be a conference call with Jack about mobile home investing, flipping land home packages. Also, wholesaling REO properties, just cleaning and maybe changing carpets and then selling right away to an owner occupant for a profit without having to rehab. thanks

Always great to have Pete Fortunato for transactioneering and Dyches Boddiford on Land Trust strategies.

Winston

Any chances of someone speaking about when and how to use a Contract for Deed when selling. And why not to use when buying.

If anyone is doing lease/options now I’d like to hear about that.

Also strategies for finding seller financing deals.
    – dan

Anytime David Tilney speaks, it’s can’t miss. And I agree with Winston’s suggestions. I know Pete has an Acquisitions class coming up also. John Groom would be good as well.

Creative suggestions for IRA investment

Don Wede

I vote for marketing to find sellers (who could carry the financing) and to first-time home buyers (to pre-qualify and create a buyer’s list).

Anonymous

John Groom will be our guest speaker on May 5th

Keep those suggestions coming

Jackie

Jackie–this is great! John is one of the guys I’ve met who is always fascinating to listen too–it was helpful to pick his brain again at your Private Money Seminar class. Looking forward to it.

Jackie, here’s an idea. I am sure a lot of the old school folks would tell me to suck it up, but I wouldn’t mind hearing from someone who has taken a beating (think Jake LaMotta in Raging Bull) in this business and dusted themselves off, continued on and succeeded (nebulous term I know). It seems that lately I can do nothing right and I know persistance is the key to this industry. I know having a pity party for myself is not productive and I am not looking for a Tony Robbins motivational speech, but it’s always nice to hear from someone who has run the gauntlet and come out on top. Just a thought.

Anonymous

Greg

Jack Miller would be at the top of that list. He has lost everything several times and always came back on top.

There are several other people I know who can give advice on how to lose $1,000,000 in cash fast… and come back strong. I’ll see if I can get some of them to spill the beans.

Sorry to hear that things are not going right. Give me a call and I’ll see if I can help solve some of the problems.

Jackie

Greg,

I like your idea for a topic.

Since we started in the RE biz about the same time, let me remind you that we are in a marathon and not a 100 meter sprint (you know I’ll always refer to sports to make a point). Pacing ourselves and keeping the end (or vision) in mind is the spirit we need to persevere even when taking a beating from the turkeys who frustrate us. Like you, I’m cleaning up some messes.

My guess is that speaking to Jackie, Jack, Pete, John Schaub, Jimmy Napier, or anyone else who’s “made it” will demonstrate to you and me and everyone struggling that we will all have some sinuous down times on this marathon RE biz adventure we’ve embarked on.

Hang in there buddy & hopefully Jackie will know of a good person who faced some horrific struggles at some point.

Hank

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.