Need to find a programmer that can scrape Zillow

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

My name is Kendra. I am having a difficult time finding a programmer that can scrape Zillow. UPWORK is not working for me because nobody has responded to my request. Can anyone in the CASHFLOWDEPOT community recommend anyone?

Thank you
    Kendra Harley- Philadelphia PA

Kendra, this article can tell you a bit about the legal guidelines of what scraping needs to avoid — while doing its job. It also suggests some services, even at the free level (with apparently some premium upgrades possible) that might even be possible for a non-programmer to use.

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/296906#

I haven’t run a full search engine “deep dig” on the subject, so if you want to become the next independent “SearchTempest.com” which can scrape craigslist ads worldwide, you might have some shovel work ahead of you.

Good luck,

–Dee

You may find someone on fiverr.com to pull the kind of leads you are looking for. Make sure you follow the rules for the site

zillow has a lot of search criteria that you can easily do your own search. For example,

If you do a search for rentals that have been on the market for more than 60 or 90 days, you can find some great master lease opportunities… could even be subject -to or seller finane op!

You can do a search for properties for sale with seller financing on zillow and many other websites.

FSBO sites with vacant houses — very motivated sellers.

Kendra, I just ran a search on this phrase

WEBSITE SCRAPING SCRAPER SERVICE

using DuckDuckGo.com which pulled up a long list of such services — all displayed on the same page (which I prefer instead of having to advance the page after every 10 hits, eg). Also, that search engine does not screen out search hits (which Google DOES) through a political filter. So there are plenty of such services, tutorials, selection criteria, and other people’s selection experiences for you to sort through.

–Dee

What is the problem you are trying to solve by scraping websites?

I am a software developer, so I know what’s involved. If you are successful in finding someone to write a script, just know that that script will most likely break when the site makes an update on how they display the data you are scraping. If you have a one-time use, it’s less of a concern, but if you expect your script to have a longer usefulness, you could be disappointed.

Maybe there is a different solution to solve your problem?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.