Negotiating with Potential Tenants

Posted in Master Lease

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Yesterday I showed one of my master lease properties to a potential tenant. I’m asking $700 a month for a fully furnished 2 bedroom house with all utilities, including internet and a land line! It even has dishes, coffee pot, TV, towels and sheets. This is pretty typical in Panama as must people who move to Panama do not ship all their household things down ( it is expensive for a shipping container to Panama).

The potential tenant claims to be an electrician and contractor with 20 years of experience.

He wanted to know if he could get the house for $500 a month then he would take care of all maintenance. Well, there is no maintenance needed – and if anything needs to be done I can sure get it done for a whole lot less than $200 a month.

As a landlord, you need to stay in control of your property, NOT negotiate on rent, and make all the rules. If the tenant does not like your rent price or the rules, then you should say NEXT. Never give a tenant the upper hand.

If you let a tenant control the situation today, they will try to get even more later.

Amen Jackie!

That advice is such a gem.
    Thanks Jackie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.