New member – Launi Shapiro – Auburndale, FL

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    I’m really looking forward to digging into this material. My husband Joe and I have really only been investors for 5 years. We’re originally from up north (MI/MN), have both lived in CO (me for 30 years) and have been in FL for 10yrs. Joe works for Publix in IT and it’s my goal to get him off the paycheck asap! We’ve done 2 quick flips – the 1st one we used our own money but only paid 67k for the house and sold it a few months later for 132k, the next deal was so sweet because we only put $1000 in the flip and made $25k. We have done 2 live in flips and are in our 3rd (and last). All very profitable -especially this last one which we purchased through seller finance. We also purchased a house in our neighborhood with a Sub-To deal and the best exit strategy at the time (not knowing anything about options) was to use as STR, so I have a beautiful little 3/2 pool home that I Airbnb for now.

I like the getting started outline here and intend to follow it. I have some paralyzing fears when it comes to knocking on doors and even calling them that I need to bust through – I am quite the introvert in certain situations and feel that it holds me back.

We’re interested in nice SFH that can either be LTR or STR. We are also interested in an RV park, marina or resort. Joe used to live on his 40ft sailboat and misses that lifestyle!

Launi,

Welcome aboard.

Being terrified to knock on someone’s door is common. You’ve heard NOTHING but horror stories your WHOLE life.

The reality of door knocking is very different than the perception. Example: Ever been to a yard sale? Knocking on sellers’ doors is the same thing. Pretty much the same response for the owner. Even when there’s a NO TRESPASSING sign on the door.

I’m made my living knocking on homeowners’ doors and being invited in most of my life (since I was 12…I’m now 63). I’ve never been shot, had a gun pulled on me, arrested, etc.

You may want to watch a video I have on our homepage at BillandKimCook.com. It’s at the top. It’s about mind viruses.

I’m not telling you to door knock. That’s a decision you must make. Whatever system you use that gets you to sellers’ kitchen tables on a regular basis is fine by me. Door knocking works best for me.

Lot’s to learn on this site. Dig in!

Bill Cook
    770-815-8727

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.