Offers on listed properties

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • I’ve made a couple of offers recently through a broker, but have not been satisfied with the response, because there was no response. The broker I made the offers through said they have never heard back from the offers.

In the future, if I find a listed property I think I might be interested in, should I try to contact the owner myself and make my offers directly to the seller, and let the seller deal with the broker however they want?

Thanks for any advice,

Gary

Anonymous

Gary
    There’s a good chance your offers were never presented.

I never make offers on listed properties. I prefer to deal with owners directly

Jackie

Anonymous

Shakil

Why give 30 days for acknowledgement? If I were going to use that clause, I would make it 7 days.

Also, it is easy for agents to just write rejected on the contract and send it back to you even though the seller never saw it.
    If you want to make sure the seller actually SAW it, require a seller signature on an approval, modification or rejection.

Jackie

Another way I have been doing is to modify the Listed Contract with broker. I added an amendment: “If buyer didn’t hear Seller’s response within 30 days of the first offer or buyer’s first offer is declined then buyer has right to contact Seller directly for negotiation however agent commission is seller’s responsibility”.

Some of the RE agents recluctantly agree with the whiste clause in amendment (but they did) as properties are not moving as fast he/she hoped.

Shakil (VA)

Jackie,

You said you don’t deal with listed properties. Other than wanting to talk to sellers directly, is there any other reason why you don’t like listed property?

Is there any reason you can’t contact the seller of a listed property and see if they are willing to deal directly with you? If you buy their property, they will likely have to pay a commission anyway, which means you’ll probably have to pay enough cash at closing for them to do that. I know that’s not ideal, but can’t you still get a good deal? Or, does the agent just mess up too many deals to make it worthwhile to fool with listed stuff?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.