On Calling Sellers/Property Owners

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This may seem a bit naive or basic but I figured I’d ask anyway before I start calling my prospects (btw, great call last night Jackie!).

So, in looking at the seller questionnaire, that seems to be more tailored toward situations when you know that the property is for sale.

Now, I’m sure the questions are essentially the same with properties that have been referred to me by bird dogs or that I’m reaching out to based on properties I’ve found while driving neighborhoods but I wanted to see what specific approaches have worked for others with these types of properties.

Does a simple “Hey, I came across your property and was interested in purchasing it” work? Or is there a better way to approach the situation?

Also, what about when leaving voicemails for the owner or people that may not be the owner or may have a connection to the owner?

This is basic I’m sure, but figured it’s better to ask first.

Thanks!

-Curt

Curt,

Good questions. You cover a few situations which I play differently depending of a couple scenarios:

If it’s a completely cold lead, I prefer to drop a very generic “sell your house in 7 days” or “I buy houses” post card to the owner every couple months until they call. I prefer having the posture of having them call me for help – and the pc let’s them know where to call to sell their house and solve their problem.

If you decide to walk that neighborhood, I would certainly knock on that door and initiate an indirect conversation. As learned from Pete Fortunato years ago, something along the lines of ” gee, I really like this neighborhood and want to buy a house, do you know anyone on the block who may being thinking of selling” and then quit talking & listen until a follow up question is needed.

I don’t like to cold call by phone unless there is a FSBO/For Rent sign or I’m referred by a friend or birddog with whom they have spoken = then by definition it is not a true cold call.

I’m not a fan of voice mails until after I have a good conversation and strong bond/relationship with a seller and then only really to set up a time to speak next.

Hope this answers what you were asking about. Good luck,

Hank

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.