Option on Property for Full Market Value

Posted in Options

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • I have been offered an option on a property for the fair market value, and the reason that it’s at fair market value is because that’s what’s owed against it since the property was just recently purchased. Here’s the question: What can I do with an option like that?

Need more information. Describe the the house, the financing, the value, the area.
    Don Wede

Done, it’s a 17-year old house; conventional financing (not sure of interest rate); house value is $80,000, which is comparable to other houses in the area. It’s in a desirable subdivision with just a few other houses for sale.

Sorry…”Don”, not Done! :-(

What are the payments? What does that payment include? Taxes? Insurance?

What would it rent for?

What kind of condition is it in?

An option may not be the right tool for this one.

Also need to know if you would be interested in renting this one out for cash flow or if you would prefer to sell it for a little profit instead.

How does someone “offer you an option” on a property? That’s a new one! Most civilians don’t know what an option is.

Following the valuable information and advice in the “5 Best Ways to Make Money with Real Estate in 2015”, I’m wanting to ‘sell it for a little profit’ so I can get rid of debt as fast as possible.. As far as someone ‘offering me an option’ on the property, through my initial discussions with them, I simply asked them if they would give me an option to buy the property, and they indicated that they would. So, what I’m wanting to do is tie the property up with the option. With that in mind, once I get the option, what would you suggest as far as the best way to make a little profit and get out of the deal?

Still need payment info please. Is it a 30 year fixed rat mortgage with no balloon?

Knowing your exit strategy, I’m leaning towards selling it with seller financing that wraps the underlying loan. Using a Highest Bidder Sale would net you the maximum cash.

But I need more info about the payments, mortgage, and condition before I can advise.

Jackie, it is a 30-year fixed rate mortgage with no balloon. It’s in very good condition. Payments are $627, which includes PITI. Approximately 28 years left on the mortgage. I like the idea of selling it with seller financing that wraps the underlying loan, using a highest bidder sale. And I take it the highest bidder sale would be for the down payment, right?

Yes, the highest bidder sale would be for the downpayment.

You could advertise the sales price at $87,900
    startiing bid $1000

You will have potential bidders come out of the woodwork

You should be able to get $7,000 down approximately. I usually get 10-20% down when I do a highest bidder sale for the down payment.

You could also get $100 a month cash flow too. What’s the current interest rate?

When I do a highest bidder sale for the down payments, I usually have an interest rate structure like

< $3000 down ____%
    $3,000 to $5000 down ____%
    $5,000 to $7000 down ____%
    $7,000 to $9000 down ____ %

Reward people for putting down a larger down payment!

A highest bidder sale for the down payment would be the best way to solve the sellers problem and for you to make money fast.

YOu need to see the mortgage paperwork to verify that what the sellers are telling you is currect.

Find out the interest rate they are paying

Thanks, Jackie! Again, I appreciate your time and expertise! Still can’t believe everyone is getting the benefit of this amazing mastermind group/mentorship, etc., for such a small annual investment!

Guys I must be missing something. I thought the property was valued at 80K. What is your option strike price?
    Don Wede

Don, I don’t have an option at this time. If I got an option, it would most likely be for the principal balance. I would then try to secure seller financing that would wrap the owner’s note/mortgage, and then sell it with seller financing and HBS for the down payment. Hope that answers your question.

I understand, but what is the mortgage balance?
    Don Wede

When you sell with seller financing, you can charge a bit more than market prices… if there are any other comps in the neighborhood to support the higher price. If $80,000 is the absolutely top of the market and there are not any other houses sold to support a higher price, then you would need to go with a master lease with an option. you could sell with a lease option. You can still sell for a bit more than market.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.