Rookie creative investor needs input

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • I’m trying to put to use the creative financing techniques we learned last weekend.

I have an opportunity to purchase a double from a long time owner. There is no mortgage on the property.

The owner is older and can’t keep up the property.

The owner wants $110,000 for the property and it needs $30,000 in work. His asking price is about $50,000 above what the market dictates.

We dickered on the price and his mind is set that he needs $110000.

Rents currently total $1100/mth. With the repairs we feel we can get $1300/mth total.

I’m looking for a way for him to provide the financing.

I was going to suggest that he get a loan for the $110,000 and give us $30,000 for the repairs, but the PITI wouldn’t leave us with much cash flow.

I don’t expect any price appreciation for the 3-5 years we expect to hold it before selling.

Your thoughts?

Since he is set on price your ‘knob’ is terms. $500/mo for 220 months is 110K and you can cash flow 800/mo less taxes, insurance, vacancy and maintenance. if we assume 400/mo for that stuff, you net 400/mo assuming you can come in with the repair money. When you are ready to sell, wrap the purchase money mortgage to produce a spread.

Anonymous

When you buy with seller financing, you can pay market or even a LITTLE over IF the terms are really great — but paying $50,000 more than market is stretching it.

You should pass and look for a more motivated seller. This guy will come to his senses one of these days – so follow up with him

Great input, thanks!

I plan to do both options – hold off for now and keep following up.

Assuming he still wants to play after some time has gone by, I’ll suggest reasonable monthly payments.

Best,
    Deb

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.