Seller finance Texas Question

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • My brother just got transferred to Amarillo, Texas for a year for his job. His company pays for all of his living expenses. I was thinking he could seller finance a property for $1000/mo and if possible, sell it right before he leaves, because he could be paying the homeowner $2000/mo. Reducing the purchase price for an additional $1000/mo, if not more. However, I’m not sure on the rules and regulations in Texas for seller finance or lease option. I hear they are different than most states. It was just a thought i came up with. Any insight or just stay clear of the whole situation?

No problem with seller financing in Texas. Just pay attention to the SAFE act and Dodd-Frank rules

But selling with a lease option is OUT. A lease option is considered an executory contract in texas with lots of rules and regulations, like you have to deliver the deed within 6 months… and big fines if you break the rules.

You can buy with a lease option all day long … but don’t sell that way.

Thanks Jackie. Is there any regulations about doing a wrap around seller financing in Texas?

you can do wrap around seller financing all day long in texas. close at an investor friendly title company so they know how to do the paperwork. definitely use a land trust too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.