seller financing

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • I’m looking to find motivated sellers that have equity and will be receptive to seller financing so I can either sell on a wrap or rent. Does anyone have any ideas about who to target for these types of deals.

Anonymous

David

It depends on how much equity you want. In your market, I’d say you need to be mailing postcards to people who bought 6-10 years ago for minimal equity ( we don’t appreciate in Texas)

If you want more equity, mail to deed dates that are 15+ years.

As far as motivation — The #1 most motivated seller is one with a vacant house. They will be very receptive to seller financing or a master lease (unless it is a bank owned house)

Home owners with vacant houses want Payment relief more than equity.

jackie

Anonymous

Chris

That list of 30-60-90 days late is probably not what you think

You can buy that list from Experian or other credit reporting agencies.

These are not necessarily people who are REALLY behind on any payments – they just fit a model of someone who MIGHT be.

The same goes for free and clear and high equity — it is just a model ( ie guess) not an exact science.

Your best source for vacant houses are code violations.

Jackie

Anonymous

Chris

That list of 30-60-90 days late is probably not what you think

You can buy that list from Experian or other credit reporting agencies.

These are not necessarily people who are REALLY behind on any payments – they just fit a model of someone who MIGHT be.

The same goes for free and clear and high equity — it is just a model ( ie guess) not an exact science.

Your best source for vacant houses are code violations.

Jackie

I’ve used 30-60-90 day late lists from List Brokers, and i’ve just reordered that list for this month for the first time in a year. The same list broker also has a free and clear and high equity list, and an absentee owner list.

Jackie,
    Can you be more specific about where you can locate lists of people who’ve owned for 5-6 years or 15 years? I imagine a high equity list might have that, but what have you used in the past to actually get that list?

Also, how do you target vacant houses? The only way i’ve been able to do it in the past is to actually go out driving and peek in windows and look at power meter boxes to determine if a property is vacant. Is there a more streamlined way to do it? Do list brokers have the ability to assemble a list of vacant houses by comparing utility records to tax records or something?

I’m also looking to have a very targeted marketing strategy this year because i want every dollar spent to start paying off high and fast returns. Thanks for any input.

Chris

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.