Selling contracts question on conf. call

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Got a chance to “listen” to the conf. call from last night. Unfortunately, because of all the noise it was impossible to understand most of what Jack had to say about this topic of selling real estate contracts. The reception was terrible.

Whenever you get a chance, could you discussed what he said, if you were able to hear and understand? :)

We need to do something about people not using *6 to mute their phones….

Thx/Rafael

Anonymous

Rafael,

I agree with you. The reception was terrible and I aploogize for that.
    How hard is it for people to push * 6 on their phone to mute the background noise?

I don’t think it will ever work to have an open line for all callers.

What I’ll try next time is just giving an adminiatrator code to the people who post on the forum the most to ask questions.

Jack’s response to your questions were:

1. you don’t convince sellers to let you buy or sell with a wrap. You should tell them that you will give them debt relief by making their mortgage payments. If they are motivated enough, they will say where do I sign. YOu don’t need to go in to a long drawn out story about what you plan to do with it after you buy it.

You also need to get a lot more comfortable with the paperwork and PROCESS so you can project confidence when you are talking to sellers and buyers about this strategy.

2. Regarding selling your contact… you can certainly do that. You need to negotiate an option to buy that gives you plenty of time to find a buyer – ( I’d say at least 60 days). Then when you do find the buyer, they sign a contract directly with the seller. Then you and the seller sign a release of option where they agree to pay you a flat fee ( no % sommission) at closing. The release is treated much like any other lien.

Jackie

Agreed. I was very upset at the rude behavior displayed by those on the phonecall. I don’t know what is so hard about muting a phone, either through the conference call (*6) or pushing mute on your cell phone. I like the idea about an frequent posters having special rights Jackie. I apologize for those that are giving you one more thing to do (setting up the admin code).

On a positive note, Jacks material was once again extremely valuable. I think these Q&A sessions are fantastic. Looking forward to more of them. Thanks for getting great speakers lined up for the phonecalls.

I wasn’t able to listen to the call live because I have a class on Tuesday night, but I listened to the replay. I think that the people who are causing the problems are not asking any questions and usually not even listening to the call, or they would mute their line. It would be better if you had a limited # of people that could ask questions. Also, it seemed like Jack could not be heard when the line was not opened up, so apparently he didn’t have an access code. If you could have muted everyone else but just allowed Jack to speak, that would have been much better.
    – dan

Anonymous

Thanks to Pedro’s research, we have switched to a new conference company.

The new call in number is on the Member Home Page.

I’ll be able to mute all lines. Then if someone wants to ask a question, they can RAISE their hand by pushing 5*. I can then just unmute that line only from my online control panel. I will announce who’s line I have unmuted so they can ask their question. This will eliminate the background noise and the problem with 2 – 3 people talking at the same time.

The next Q & A will be better. We plan to have Q & A the first Tuesday of each month. Jack will be in Italy for May be I will answer questions in May.
    Jack should be available for all the other first Tuesday Q & A calls.

Thanks for your patience!!!

Jackie

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.