Sending Postcards to Dead Meters

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • This may seem like a silly question but I’ll ask anyway…

I got a list of properties with dead meters but I don’t have the names of the owners. I can go to the county assessor’s office and get the names or I can just get a propertyshark subscription and pay 20 bucks to get it online but is it worth the time/money to do that?

Or is a simple, generic “Property Owner” sufficient?

your county property records should be online. at least enough to show owners.

no, do not send to property owner! YOu need to include a name

The address you have is where the dead meter is.

it is better to send the postcard to the owners address, which will be different that the situs address.
    you can get the owners address and name in the property records.

OK – unfortunately I think I’m going to have to get a property shark subscription then or go into the office to get the info. In the counties I’m looking at they only give a parcel number and no information on the actual owners online (unless I’m missing something).

Thanks for your help!

where do you live? what county and state?

I’m in Orange County, CA

since i do not have an address, i could not test the system, but you should be able to get the owners name and address at this county web site

http://tax.ocgov.com/tcweb/search_page.asp

note there is also a list of tax default properties.

That’s a page that I’ve come across but it looks to me like the property owner info is protected and not displayed. They simply show a parcel number.

Here’s a random Irvine address that I used and the result I got for 17 Moonray Irvine

http://tax.ocgov.com/tcweb/search_parcel.asp?streetname=17%20Moonray&t_city=IR&t_parcel_no=46349141#

Unless I’m missing something, I think I have to go in to get the owner info or subscribe to propertyshark, right?

Thanks for pointing out the tax default properties. That’s a great resource that I missed!

well, it looks like the highly regulated california has some code to remove people’s names from the PUBLIC records.

so, yes, you will be forced to sign up for some service where you can get the actual names and address of the ownes

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.