snoop dog

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • I’m being nosy (I feel) by looking up owners info sometimes. Yes it’s public information and very helpful. Often I find personal stuff such as divorces, judgments, liens, defaulted taxes, late on mortgage payments and much more. One thing I find while filtering for the best possible deals is that many home owners at one point took out HELOCs, and other type of loans using their property as collateral. In many cases I see where they’ve taken out cash multiple times…two, three four even six times. Wow…they must have been hurting for money! That also tells me they they may have blown that money already and again may be hurting for cash again.Very typical as people (back in the hay day)took out cash to pay off car loans,buy a bigger house they couldn’t afford and buy things that they now have nothing to show for. So I go and look to see if they own anything that is free and clear or with a low balance. Bingo…a motivated seller, motivated by cash as their track record indicated.

Arcinio

Surprisingly, it is common in California for people to use the house as an ATM machine.

But you rarely find that in other states.

Also, in California, it is common for people to need to pay for a $500 seminar with 2 or 3 credit cards instead of just one.

It is a California thing for some reason.

FL was pretty bad on that ATM strategy in the 2000-2007 years too. Several friends have foreclosures to show for using the “home appreciation” ATM to support lifestyle and I know of several BKs too. And, I probably would have ended up the same way had I not met Jack & Jackie in late 2006 :-)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.