Tax Question–Getting Started with Quickbooks

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • I am having a heck of a time figuring out quickbooks pro. There are a number of books on the subject, but this may be the most user unfriendly software I have ever used (as an engineer, that is a bunch). I plan on using craigslist to find someone who can help me setup my format and I have a few folks I found here at cashflowdepot that have volunteered to help me, but I would rather have a good base to start with rather than starting at ground zero. Does anyone have a manual/book they can recommend?

Anonymous

Greg

The best thing to do is find a quick books consultant in your area to come to your house to help you get set up and answer your questions.

There will be plenty of them. Will probably cost less than $100

I have never found a good good on the subject.

Here’s a few sources to investigate. I need to do this too but haven’t made it a priority yet.

1) Jonathan Wolter, Landlord Accounting
    2) John Hyre, KISS Guide to Bookkeeping
    3) George Yeiter – Works with Dyches Boddiford
    4) Mike Butler, Investor Books/Tenant Tracking

Let us know what you find out.

So QuickBooks 2009 lasted me 10 years. I enjoyed using it but my laptop died and I am unable to download the updates (my guess is Intuit quit publishing them). I am NOT interested in a yearly subscription to subpar software so I am wondering what people recommend now. I think Quicken has the same problem. I hate to default to excel but I will if I have to. Suggestions?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.