ULTIMATE Highest Bidder Sale Property

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Check out this property near me which is being sold to the highest bidder regardless of price

http://www.albertburney.com/home/auction_details5_inc.php?auction_no=14-010

I plan to submit a bid.

Wow, that looks like a excellent place.

I spent the whole day viewing this amazing property and plan to bid on Saturday. It is being sold to the highest bidder regardless of price. Absolute Auction!

It includes

50 acres of land with spectacular views — see the pics at
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.836144353064644.1073741850.157581550920931&type=3

main house is 5200 sf – fully furnished
    6 Villas
    2 other houses
    large green house area with 2 chicken coups
    it has it’s own hydro electric plant
    completely powered by SOLAR power – with 76 solar panels and a huge battery bank
    a 64′ x 64′ YOGA studio ( which could be converted in to a house)
    orange grove

I think I can steal this property for about $500,000 – maybe less.

Only problem is the altitude. It is only at 1500 feet so the temps are too hot for me – in the mid 80s year round
    It does have air conditioning

My house is at 4500 feet so I enjoy mid 70 weather year round so I don’t need an air conditioner or heater – ever

but I do not plan to live at this property if I buy it. I will subdive the property then build a sustainable community.

The Auctioneer gets a 10% commission. If I buy for $500,000 – that is a $50,000 payday for the auctioneer

Auctioneering is a GREAT business

I went to Auctioneering school in Dallas.

I’m negotiating 80% of FMV for a property to do a HBS. I know you mentioned 70% but the average days on market for the area for sold comps is 7 days (3 sold comps within last 1.5 months). So, i figured 80% of Fair Market Value would be a good deal to do a highest bidder sale on. If you don’t think so, please let me know.

Please put some numbers out there. What is the value of the property?

Don Wede

FMV for the property is approximately $215k. A house next door sold a month and a half ago for $216,600, almost identical. We verbally discussed over the phone, and he mentioned he would be interested in doing a HBS for $170k with splitting 50/50 above that, which comes to around 80%

is there a mortgage? ARe the payments current? Any deferred maintenance on the prop?

Along Jackie’s line, if there is a mortgage what is the balance, payments, interest rate, and term, and is that term a fixed rate?

Don Wede

Yes there is a 30 year fixed mortgage with a balance of around $165k. They are current. None to very minimum deferred maintenance. He is only interested in cash, because if he doesn’t sell it. His knew job will be taking over his payments tell it is sold. However, he doesn’t want it in his name anymore when he leaves. The lowest he will go is $170k (80% of FMV). Comps in the area have an average days on market of 7 days! That’s why i thought a HBS with an agreed price of 80%, not the usual 70% would still work because of the days on market are so low. I could be wrong. I wanted to get an opinion if a 80% is ok to do with the days on market are that low.

If the market is truly that hot why not give it a shot. If you think it will sell for 90% of market you can pick up about 10K.

Don Wede

sounds like a HBS will work on this one with an option at 80% – only because of the low days on the market.

Hopefully you have verified the DOM and not just relied on what the seller tells you.

I looked at the mls data for DOM. There is one for 10 days (next door), 5 days and 4 days. I will meet with him tonight and put an offer in. Hopefully he hasn’t change his mind about it. I’ll let you know. If he likes it, I’ll plan on doing it next weekend. It is short notice but I hope it all works out.

Keep us informed. Let me know if you need anything.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.