Windows XP still running 181 million PCs, despite Microsoft’s support cutoff

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    Error correction: The article below merely acknowledge’s Microsoft’s end of support for Windows XP machine. There are several problems with that blanket statement. First, it isn’t completely true. Microsoft continues to push patches to some corporate XP machines (One used ex-corporate XP machine I’m still running pulls in security patches regularly, as does one belonging to a buddy of mine), and probably to US government and military XP machines, even to this day. Second, there are at least two anti-malware software firms that have offered to make security patches available for XP for several years to come. The one’s I know about are Avast! (with their $20/year paid version) and the Russian Kaspersky (I don’t know if there is a cost involved there).

http://www.techconnect.com/article/3054528/microsoft-windows/zombie-os-windows-xp-still-powers-181m-pcs-two-years-after-support-ends.html

One really nice feature of Windows XP is that Microsoft does not try to force unwanted Windows 10 code onto XP machines, as it has been doing to Windows 7 machines in recent months.

I would guess that when “officially announced” support from Microsoft ends for Windows 7 machines, Avast and probably Kaspersky will again step to make Microsoft look foolish and greedy.

–Dee

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.