Wood Stove vs. Pellet Stove

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

At the lake cabin I recently bought there is a huge round red fireplace in the middle of the living room.

It takes up so much room that it is impossible to arrange the furniture.

I’m going to get it taken out and get a wood stove or pellet stove installed against a back wall.

I’ve read pros and cons on each and wanted to get your opinion. Which one is better a wood stove or a pellet stove?

I had a wood stove insert in my fireplace in Virginia and loved it.

Getting cheap wood at the lake cabin will be easy.

In some of the custom homes I have built the last couple of years, I have installed both wood inserts and pellet stoves. I do know that the pellets have almost doubled in price, (in KY anyway). If you have easy access to getting wood delivered I think it wood be more economical. I personally like a wood burner because it is more rustic, while giving out heat. A pellet stove to me seems more of just a Steam Cooker.

We had a wood burning fireplace insert in our last 2 houses, and we liked them. They definitely put out the heat. However, getting and hauling the wood is kind of a pain. It seems like around here most people are getting rid of their wood stoves and putting in pellet stoves or propane stoves, mainly because of the convenience.
    – dan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.