Offshore Investing

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

In times like these, it’s a good idea to diversify.

That’s why I have made the decision to do some offshore investing. I’m still in the research phase but look forward to hitting it hard in 2011.

If anyone else has an interest in sharing ideas about offshore investing, I’ll be glad to set up a section on the forum for those discussions. If not, that’s ok too.

Anonymous

Jim Cramer of “Mad Money” has been promoting investing in real estate in Mexico. He has already bought 3 houses there according to gringo gazette.

Hi Jackie,
    I’ve been a subscriber to International Living for a while, and it is packed with the best places to invest or retire. All the benefits of being an ex-patriot, or you can be a citizen in Belize if you only live there a couple weeks a year. Panama, Equator, Honduras, Brazil and many more. Great health care, no taxes in some places, and special treatment for retirees.. I want to live and invest offshore for vacation getaways.
    Right now I am studying the options course,and have to get comfortable with it. Jack was sure amazing, and you are the next best!!
    Bev Larson
    Minneapolis.MN

Anonymous

HI Bev

I have subscribed to International Living for many years.

Options are an excellent strategy to take offshore too. Since 90% of homes in
    most other countries are FREE and CLEAR it really opens up the door to
    creative financing.

Hello Jackie and Bev,

We live in the US and looking to buy a house for my wife’s parents who live in Santiago, Chile. Are there any resources that you can refer us to in order to make this happen? Including funds transfers to Chile in order to purchase the property? They currently live in pretty bad living conditions and we want to be able to purchase a home for them where they can much more comfortably live. They are in their 80’s now.

Anyone with contact info in how we can do this is free to contact me.

Thank you,
    Bryan

I have a friend in Santiago. I will contact him to ask about a recommendation.

If her parents have a bank account in chile, it is very easy to wire money to them to purchase the house. You can also wire money from your bank to the attorney closing the transaction.

Jackie

About legal methods to get assets out of the US without any reporting requirement

Porter Stansberry?s 2015 book titled ?America 2020: The Survival Blueprint? has four very interesting pages (pp.47-50) on three ways to get assets out of the US in ways that do not, as of yet, require reporting to that government.

The first method is to open a foreign bank account in an amount under $10,000. If you take measures to make sure it won?t grow to $10,000 or more, it will remain without any requirement to report it to the US. A suggestion was also made to make sure that account is a ?holding account? — meaning that you can keep that account in whatever currency you choose.

It also mentions that such rules are per person. In other words, a couple with four children could open six such accounts, keeping the total under $59,000, for example, which would provide a very interesting way to get assets out of the US and available for foreign operations. There are some suggestions on choosing a cooperative bank on page 48.

The second method, from page 49, is to buy some offshore real estate. And while it?s not generating any income, it is simply unreportable.

While that page seconds the usefulness of the internationalliving.com website, it recommends LiveAndInvestOverseas.com as well.

The third method is holding precious metals offshore (whether gold, silver, palladium, etc) along with some methods of how to go about that. While it?s rather widely known that much privately held gold was confiscated at a less-than-market rate in 1933 by the FDR administration, it?s not as widely known that was followed by a silver confiscation under the same administration. And after stiffing American citizens of their uncounterfeitable precious metals, the warfare/welfare spending of the Vietnam era generated sufficient gold outflows to foreign nations to cause Nixon in 1971 to renege on gold-backed financial instruments to all foreign nations, oh, so politely called ?closing the gold window.? So the willingness of the US government in the 20th century to stiff both citizens and foreign governments is well established. This is a government with no qualms about denying its own veterans with severe medical needs VA care for decades. It also has no qualms about cooking the books on actual inflation so that inflation-indexed promises such as Social Security check amounts can be crippled.

Just within this last week, Peter Schiff announced that his precious metals company was being acquired by BitGold (in Canada). Here is their press release:

http://ir.bitgold.com/investors/press-releases/press-release-details/2016/Goldmoney-Announces-Acquisition-of-Schiff-Gold-Inc-and-formation-of-Joint-Venture-with-Renowned-Gold-Investor-Peter-Schiff/default.aspx

That may provide an interesting way to exercise the third method from the Stansberry book.

Since the book was released in 2015, it should be fair game for interlibrary loan requests. While it is available on Amazon, print editions start at $55, and there are no Kindle editions.

–Dee

Hi Jackie, were you able to locate your friend in Santiago? Looking to see what the best recommendations are. All your help is much appreciated!

Thank you!
    Bryan

Hi Jackie, were you able to locate your friend in Santiago? Looking to see what the best recommendations are. All your help is much appreciated!

Thank you!
    Bryan

the guy I know who lives in Santiago is on vacation. He said he will get some contacts to me by the end of the month.

Hi Jackie,
    I know you’re busy today doing your tour, but just wanted to ping you real quick for an update on your friend in Santiago. We are going to Santiago in mid-September, and if at all possible, we’d love to meet up with your contact there in Santiago, Chile to talk about the nuances of getting investing happening in Chile. That would be epic! Thank you for everything you do Jackie!

Regards,
    Bryan

my friend is still out of Chile but I can send him your email so he can point you in the right direction. please post your email here or if you prefer, send it to my by email.

J

Hi Jackie, please forward my info to your friend in Santiago. We’ll be there starting next week. [email protected]

Please have him contact me! Thank you so much!

Bryan

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.