10 states with highest profit potential for house "flipping"

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    Understand that their definition of house flipping is purchasing, rehabbing, and finally reselling — not our preferred model:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-17/home-flipping-profits-just-hit-all-time-high-these-10-states-offer-highest-return-po

–Dee

Dee, as one of the newest members to the site I’m just curious; what is the preferred model?

Rafael,
    I think Dee is referring to taking control of the property via creative methods like a Lease option or seller financing rather than the traditional bank loan. Jackie has a great deal of teaching on Highest Bidder Sales which is another method of flipping without renovating.
    Hope this helps.

Perhaps I should have said “models” instead of “model.” There are several ways to do deals WITHOUT risking your own, or a lender’s, cash. The emphasis here at CFD is on minimizing your risk, which a purchase, an expensive rehab, and an unknown holding period with its costs (especially during a time when the market could drop considerably, and hurt your resale profit) is maximizing your risk. Whether doing a wholesale deal, getting an option to flip, or doing the setup for an HBS event, NONE of those involve pouring serious cash into a potential money pit. If a house is in much better condition, then other models (like master leasing) might be reasonable, etc.

–Dee

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.