10 Ways to Find Great Deals

Posted in Marketing

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • If someone agreed to pay you $10,000 or $20,000 if you would find them a great wholesale deal by the end of the month, would you take the bet? What would you do to find the deal?

That is basically what a wholesale business is all about. You find the deal, you get paid…fast. So, knowing that you have a $10,000 payday just around the corner it’s time for you to get busy finding deals.

This article will give you some ideas of things to do:

10 Ways To Find Great Deals

Kevin emailed that:

You would consistently lose that bet. 25K deals are all day in my market …. we are buying 4 this month all in for around 15-20K including all repairs.

I’ll add:

If you think you can, you can!
    If you think you can’t, you can’t!

It’s all about your attitude and ACTION

Where doesvKevin do business¿?

That was a great article. It gave me some stuff I will use. What does “Unlawful Detainer actions in the court house” refer to in Number 9?

Kevin is in Indiana

Dave, an unlawful detainer is the next step after an eviction has been filed. Usually the tenant moves out when served with an eviction notice. But if they don’t, the next legal action is called an unlawful detainer – in Texas it would happen about 5 days after eviction court. The Sheriff’s department would go to the house and forcefully remove the tenant from the property. You, the landlord, has to hire people to remove all of the tenants stuff to the curb then get the locks changed and perhaps board up the house.

I had to do this one time. It is a sad situation that most landlords would prefer to avoid.

Thank you, Jackie. So now I understand what Unlawful Detainer actions, but how does an investor monitor that?

This is one of the saddest articles I’ve ever seen about evictions in America, from just a few days ago:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/feb/12/americas-eviction-epidemic-matthew-desmond-housing-crisis

–Dee

Dave, it would be better to get to the landlords before it gets to the unlawful detainer stage. Some counties publish their DOCKET online of all eviction filings or you can go to eviction court ( there will be a lot of motivated sellers there).

Landlords who know how to screen tenants don’t usually have eviction problems. But landlords who don’t know what they are doing have a lot of eviction problems so after awhile they usually decide to just sell out to avoid the headaches.

When talking to landlords who are dealing with an eviction always ask if they have other properties they would like to sell. You may be able to get 3,4,10.. or more houses

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.